Minimalist Bedroom Decor - Our Bedroom Update + What to Binge on Netflix RN
Good morning and happy Wednesday! Today I wanted to finally show off our minimalist bedroom since I actually haven't shared much of our bedroom since first sharing our plan for this space! For such a small room our bedroom has already undergone a few transformations. We've re-arranged furniture, swapped out artwork and recently added a new TV from the Brick! While our space is definitely not 'done' (although let's be honest, no room in our house ever is!) I thought we were finally at a place where I could share this space.
We swapped out our Warhol posters above the bed and moved them downstairs and sadly, after breaking one of our table lamps we're not finalized in that department but I'm loving how the addition of my DIY moroccan inspired area rug has added some more warmth and a bit of interest to the room. (Remember how I created an affordable stylish moroccan rug using a simple shag rug from the Brick?!)
One of my favourite pieces in the room has to be my Tillie pouf from the Brick. Because our bathrooms have no natural light, instead of getting ready in the morning in there, I sit on my pouf and do my hair and makeup in front of our bedroom mirror. Plus, the pouf is a great accent piece.
I'm also so happy we have a great TV from the Brick in this room too. While we don't watch a ton of TV in our room it is nice to have it in this room for the nights we feel like cuddling up and watching a movie or for the slower paced mornings where we put on the news while we get ready. I'm also the type of person who likes background noise when I'm in the house so if I'm shooting blog photos in this room or putting looks together for some style content, chances are that one of my shows are on in the background.
And while we're on the topic of shows, let's talk about Netflix. There are so many great shows to watch right now! Scroll down for the shows I suggest getting ready to binge on and let me know in the comments below what you're loving on Netflix right now.
Shows I'm loving on Netflix right now..
1. The Keepers - ooh you guys, this one will have you curious, angry, sad and hooked right in for the whole series
2. Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt - the best quirky, feel good show for when you need a silly laugh
3. House of Cards - so much scandal! I loved the turning of the tables in this latest season
4. Chelsea - Chelsea Handler has come a long way from Chelsea Lately. I feel like the first season of her show on Netflix wasn't the best but now that she's found her footing I am LOVING her show. A bit political, a lot feminist and still hilarious, I love tuning in as often as I'm able to get caught up!
5. Orange Is The New Black - Who's already started the new season of OITNB? The last season ended on such a cliffhanger I've been dying to get back into it. This season looks like it's going to be very different from the others so I'm excited to make my way through it.
What else should I be watching on my new TV? Let me know in the comments!